Posted by rtmsf on January 7th, 2010
- The inaugural Skip Prosser Classic was a great idea and although emotionally draining, a great game too. Mike DeCourcy reflects on Sunday night’s Wake Forest-Xavier tilt.
- This is wonderful and all regarding the success of Eric Reveno at Portland, but do you get the sense that this article should have been written a month ago (you know, after the nice run in the 76 Classic and before the Pilots lost games to Portland State, Idaho and Nevada)?
- Seth Davis’ mailbag includes even more stock reports, including those of Pitt, Vandy and much discussion of some of the others discussed earlier this week. Great banter, as always.
- Hoops historians, do you know who Travis Grant is? He scored over 4,000 points and won three national championships at Kentucky State, but he isn’t in any Hall of Fame at any level of the sport (actually, he is in one HOF as of last two months ago). Fanhouse has a good read on the player nicknamed the “Machine Gun.“
- Gary Parrish is doing a weekly article counting down the top ten NCAA Tournament games of the last decade. We remember this tenth choice very well. Let’s just say that the Ron Lewis three at the end of regulation was a dagger through our wallet that we felt for at least a month after that fateful shot. Which game will be #1? Arizona-Illinois? Kansas-Memphis? West Virginia-Louisville? Arizona-Gonzaga? We could go on and on…