It’s officially Autumn, which means cooler air is around the corner and the sweet cacophany of bouncing basketballs echoing through a gymnasium is coming…
- Dana O’Neil gives a pretty good roundup of injured players who are either all the way healed or expected to be so by the time the meat of the season begins. One of those players, Syracuse’s Eric Devendorf, is back from an ACL injury with another year of eligibility in tow. Another, Alabama’s Ronald Steele, is a hard-luck guy who RTC is hoping catches a few breaks this year – he deserves it.
- Tubby Smith’s nephew, William L. Smith, was stabbed and killed last weekend at an off-campus apartment complex in Worcester, Mass.
- UConn’s Nate Miles, he of the five high schools, was arrested for violating a restraining order. We’re shocked, I tell you, that Jim Calhoun’s charge is acting up! Shocked!
- Jamie Dixon‘s deal with Pitt has been extended through the 2016 season at a minimum of $1.3M per annum.
- Remember Pierre Pierce? The former Iowa star who spent 11 months in prison for a multitude of charges will be allowed to serve his probation in France while playing professional basketball there this winter.
- Here are six teams to watch in the 08-09 season seeking to break long NCAA droughts.
- More Stephen Curry. The Wooden Tradition, not to be confused with the Wooden Classic (UCLA v. Depaul; San Diego St. v. St. Mary’s), will feature Purdue v. Davidson and St. Mary’s v. S. Illinois on Dec. 19 in Indianapolis. In case you were wondering how the new Mr. March spent his summer, click here.
- HoopsAddict has it’s All-Americans out – Tyrese Rice over Darren Collison is a weak call.