Posted by rtmsf on December 24th, 2009
- Great, great news about Texas A&M’s Derrick Roland about his broken leg suffered in A&M’s game at Washington two nights ago. His surgery was successful and he will likely head home today or tomorrow for Christmas, and even better, according to the surgeon, he should be able to play basketball again at some point in the future.
- Jeff Goodman is one national writer who agrees with our assessment that Texas should be the #1 team in the polls right now. The fact is that they’ve just got a better resume than Kansas at this point in the season AND they’ve looked better in doing it.
- Luke! Go ahead, put Texas #1 in this week’s power rankings. We know you want to. C’mon, man, everybody’s doing it.
- Talk about being a tough critic – Seton Hall’s Herb Pope called his own team a “fraud” because they have a loss to Temple on their record. Guess we’ll find out just how fraudulent the Pirates are this Saturday when they host West Virginia, won’t we?
- Here’s your holiday treat. Lost Letterman listed the top ten most despised players in CBB history, and while there are always quibbles with lists like these, we love that they did their homework to show video evidence of Art Heyman (Duke) and Corky Taylor (Minnesota). Here’s Part II (#10-#6) and Part I (#5-#1). Btw, there’s absolutely no doubt about #1, and anyone who disagrees didn’t live through it.