Zach Hayes is RTC’s official bracketologist. He will periodically put together his latest bracket projections throughout the season. Tell him where you agree or disagree @zhayes9 on Twitter.
- Last Four In: Drexel, Illinois, Kansas State, Notre Dame.
- First Four Out: Virginia Tech, Georgetown, Oregon, Minnesota.
- Next Four Out: Northwestern, BYU, Princeton, Oklahoma State.
- This was the most clear-cut foursome for the top line that I can recall during any previous preseason bracket and all four deserve to be anointed Final Four teams here in October.
- Maybe a bit of a surprise in both instances, but I’m taking Texas A&M and California to win their respective leagues. Maybe their talent level is not up to par with the likes of Kansas and UCLA, but I like their stability, coaching and players like Khris Middleton and Allen Crabbe are primed to explode.