Ryan Dunn in the RTC correspondent for the Atlantic Sun Conference.
- Campbell (12-5 A-Sun, 17-9)
- Belmont (12-5 A-Sun, 17-10)
- Jacksonville (12-5 A-Sun, 16-10)
- Lipscomb (11-6 A-Sun, 14-12)
- East Tennessee State (10-6 A-Sun, 14-13)
- Mercer (10-7 A-Sun, 14-13)
- North Florida (7-10 A-Sun, 12-15)
- Kennesaw State (7-10 A-Sun, 12-16)
- USC Upstate (5-12 A-Sun, 5-21)
- Florida Gulf Coast (4-14 A-Sun, 7-20)
- Stetson (4-14 A-Sun, 6-21)
- Campbell has now won five straight and is closing a four-game homestand tonight against ETSU. It is the final home game of the season and should be an electrifying atmosphere with it being Jonathan Rodriguez’s final career game in Buies Creek. I expect the Camels to play with intensity and passion to finish out with a huge home win. The Camels close the year at Jacksonville and at North Florida.
- Belmont continues to play well and they certainly have a scheduling advantage over the other top teams in the league. The Bruins just defeated lowly Stetson last night and they travel to a struggling Florida Gulf Coast team tomorrow. The Bruins close the season at home against Mercer and Kennesaw State.
- Jacksonville has gotten back on track with three straight victories after losing two straight before that. They earned a nice road victory against Kennesaw State last night. However, they still have games at Mercer, at home against Campbell, and at home against ETSU. That will certainly be a tough test for the Dolphins down the stretch.
- Lipscomb fell out of the top spot last week when they were knocked off by USC Upstate on the road. Lipscomb is a tough team to figure out as they are perhaps the most talented team in the league with the best big man (Adnan Hodzic) and in my opinion the best combo guard (Josh Slater). Lipscomb goes to Stetson before hosting Kennesaw State and Mercer to close out the year.
- East Tennessee State has a huge game tonight at Campbell with a chance to move right back in the mix at the top of the league. After the trip to Campbell they host USC Upstate before traveling to North Florida and to Jacksonville. They must win out to have a chance at a regular season title.
- Mercer is trying to move up in the league standings because they do have an advantage in that they are hosting the A-Sun tournament on their home floor. The talent is certainly there with James Florence and company but the Bears have been a streaky team throughout the year. However, they have an extremely tough three-game stretch to close the year as they host Jacksonville and travel to Belmont and Lipscomb.
- North Florida has been a pesky team all season long under new head coach Matthew Driscoll. The Ospreys are still looking to improve their seed for the upcoming tournament. They travel to Kennesaw State before hosting ETSU and Campbell.
- Kennesaw State is a young and talented basketball team, but they are a team that looks to be running out of gas. The Owls can still improve their seed against UNF, Belmont and Lipscomb.
- USC Upstate has been known to pull some upsets in conference play. The Spartans just defeated Lipscomb last week and will be looking to win a couple more to end the season on a high note. USC Upstate plays ETSU, FGCU, and Stetson to close the season and winning two of three is certainly possible.
- FGCU has fallen on hard times as they have dropped their last seven contests. The Eagles will look to at least get a win down the stretch with games against Belmont and USC Upstate.
- Stetson has lost three straight and have struggled throughout the season though they have had some injury troubles. The Hatters take on Lipscomb and USC Upstate to close out the season.
Key Upcoming Games
- ETSU @ Campbell (2/19) – Senior night for four Campbell seniors including all-everything Jonathan Rodriguez. It should be a very good atmosphere and will be a battle between two good teams.
- Mercer @ Belmont (2/25) – If the Bruins win this game they have a great chance to win the A-Sun regular season crown. Belmont controls the tiebreaker with Campbell.
- Campbell @ Jacksonville (2/25) – A battle with two teams at the top of the league standings. The game could mean one team winning the league and one falling out of the top three.
- ETSU @ Jacksonville (2/27) – Both teams with tough tests to finish the year. It could be a battle for first place by that point.