The RTC Podblast: Mountain West Tournament EditionPosted by rtmsf on March 12th, 2014
The regular season is over, Championship Week is here, and it’s now or never for all of the teams that have talked a rather big game but haven’t necessarily backed it up with their play on the court. To that end, we’re going to be rolling out nine RTC Podblasts this week, one to preview each of the seven power conference tournaments as well as the Atlantic 10 and the Mountain West (to scroll through all that have been released, click here). In this, our Mountain West Tournament edition, RTC correspondents Andrew Murawa (@amurawa) and Bennet Hayes (@hoopstraveler) join us to discuss what appears to be a two-horse race in Las Vegas. The Big East, AAC, SEC and Big 12 Tournament pods were released on Monday, and the Big Ten, Pac-12 and ACC Tourney previews came out yesterday. Today we finished off the series with the Atlantic 10 Tournament pod and this one. Enjoy!
Make sure to add the RTC Podcast to your iTunes lineup so that you’ll automatically upload it on your listening device after we record.
- 0:00-3:09 – San Diego State’s Place in the National Picture
- 3:09-9:04 – Boise State, UNLV and the League as a Whole Disappoints in 2014
- 9:04-11:48 – Mountain West Superlatives
- 11:48-13:42 – The Inevitability of San Diego State-New Mexico, Part III
- 13:42-16:14 – What to Expect In a Potential Aztec/Lobo Rubber Match
- 16:14-18:15 – MW Tournament’s Impact on NCAA Tournament
- 18:15-20:35 – San Diego State and New Mexico’s Chances For a NCAA Tournament Run
- 20:35-22:12 – Best Parts of the MWC Tournament
- 22:12-25:17 – Final Thoughts on a Week of Hoops in Vegas