Around The Blogosphere: On The Eve Of The NCAA TournamentPosted by nvr1983 on March 17th, 2011
If you are interested in participating in our ATB2 feature, send in your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are talking a slightly different approach to this post today due to the nature of the NCAA Tournament, but we will add to this post throughout the day as the submissions come in so keep on sending them.
- #1 Ohio State vs #16 UT-San Antonio: Eleven Warriors = Game Preview and Region Preview
- #2 UNC vs #15 Long Island: Carolina March = Region Preview
- #3 Syracuse vs #14 Indiana State: Troy Nunes is an Absolute Magician = Game Preview, Region Preview, and Are Syracuse fans the most tournament obsessed?
- #4 Kentucky vs #13 Princeton: A Sea of Blue = Region Preview and Are the Wildcats peaking now?
- #6 Xavier vs #11 Marquette: Cracked Sidewalks = Game Preview
- #8 George Mason vs #9 Villanova: GMU Hoops = Game Preview
- #1 Pittsburgh vs #16 UNC-Asheville: Pitt Blather = Region Preview
- #2 UF vs #15 UC-Santa Barbara: Alligator Army = Game Preview and Region Preview
- #4 Wisconsin vs #13 Belmont: Zagacious = Game Preview
- #5 Kansas State vs #12 Utah State: Bring on the Cats = Game Preview and Region Preview
- #6 St. John’s vs #11 Gonzaga: The Slipper Still Fits = Game Preview
- #7 UCLA vs #10 Michigan State: Bruins Nation = Game Preview (Part 1 and Part 2)
- #8 Butler vs #9 Old Dominion: Victory Firelight = Game Preview
- #1 Kansas vs #16 Boston University: Rock Chalk Talk = Region Preview, Analyzing the Jayhawks performance historically, and Kansas quotes
- #2 Notre Dame vs #15 Akron: Rakes of Mallow = Game Preview
- #3 Purdue vs #14 St. Peter’s: Boiled Sports = Game Preview and Kelsey Barlow Suspension
- #4 Louisville vs #13 Morehead State: Card Chronicle = Game Preview (Part 1 and Part 2)
- #5 Vanderbilt vs #12 Richmond: Anchor of Gold: Game Preview and Region Preview
- #6 Georgetown vs #11 VCU: Casual Hoya = Potential Game Preview and Bill Clinton Interview
- #8 UNLV vs #9 Illinois: Hail to the Orange = Game Preview, Reliving the Lon Kruger era, and What can WKU tell us about UNLV?
- #3 UConn vs #14 Bucknell: The UConn Blog = First Impressions, Everything I know about picking brackets I learned from UConn, and UConn’s Big East Tournament success does not mean NCAA failure is coming
- #4 Texas vs #13 Oakland: Burnt Orange Nation = Game Preview and Region Preview or Golden Grizzlies Gameplan = Game Preview
- #6 Cincinnati vs #11 Missouri: Rock M Nation = Game Preview (Part 1 and Part 2)
- #7 Temple vs #10 Penn State: The Owl’s Nest = Game Preview (Part 1 and Part 2)
- #8 Michigan vs #9 Tennessee: UM Hoops = Game Preview (Part 1 and Part 2) or Rocky Top Talk = Game Preview (Part 1 and Part 2) and Region Preview
- So now that Capel has been let go, who do we get to replace him?: Speculating on some potential replacements in Norman. (Crimson and Cream Machine)
- We Won’t Have Sidney Lowe to Kick Around Anymore: “Wolfpack coach Sidney Lowe met with athletic director Debbie Yow today, after which he resigned, ending a five-year tenure at N.C. State. They weren’t a good five years, either, resulting in no NCAA appearances, and a 1-10 record against UNC, the fewest wins since Leroy Jay in the pre-ACC era. As a Carolina fan, of course, I’ll miss Lowe, who was always great for comparing his words to reality, and provided the greatest title in this blog’s history.” (Carolina March)
- Let’s Look Ahead to the 2011-12 Gopher Basketball Roster: “The NCAA Tournament hasn’t even really started but Gopher fans can start looking ahead to 2011. I think it is good to talk about this while the current season is still fresh in our minds and we can then look back to this in October. There is no doubt that this team isn’t good enough to make much noise in the Big Ten next year without some improvement from virtually everyone. The starters need to be better, the bench needs to improve and the coaching staff isn’t off the hook for either. I’m not going to waste any time…let’s start looking ahead to next year, below is the roster of players expected to contribute and my two cents on each of them.” (The Daily Gopher)