On the Record: 10.21.10 EditionPosted by nvr1983 on October 21st, 2010
In addition to our ongoing RTC Interview series there are plenty of other interviews going on across the country and as a way to get you ready for the season and into the minds of the coaches and players we will be bringing you a few of those interviews each week. If you know of any interviews that should be included in the next installment, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ACC Media Day Chat – ESPN with an interesting idea of having various coaches and players from the ACC stop by and answer user-submitted questions.
- Q & A with Vernon Macklin – A personal look at the Florida senior center where he talks about stealing Erving Walker‘s car and scooter and also mentions playing on a four-on-four team with Chandler Parson, Nolan Smith, and Shelvin Mack that went undefeated at a LeBron James camp this summer.
- One-On-Two with Kyle Singler and Nolan Smith – A banal interview with fairly boring answers from the two Duke co-captains. The only somewhat interesting thing is when Singler is asked about his favorite artists and he lists David Garibaldi and Salvador Dali (an artist, but probably not the type that the interviewer expected) as well as Tupac (not the answer that anybody expected from Singler). We also might raise an issue with Smith who lists Jennifer Hudson as his favorite singer “especially when she sang ‘One Shining Moment'” unless he is referring to the fact that his team was celebrating when it was being played.
- David Glenn Chats With Chris Collins – Has a link to a radio interview of the Duke assistant coach where he talks about the whirlwind off-season including the World Championships in Turkey, Kyrie Irving, Seth Curry, and Coach K‘s legacy.
- Pullen his weight at K-State – Jeff Goodman talks to Jacob Pullen, the Kansas State star, about the upcoming season. A solid interview and since we are friends with Jeff we’ll assume that it was his editor that came up with the title.
- Selby speaks out – Goodman stops by Kansas where he talks to Josh Selby about being stuck in NCAA eligibility limbo.
- Courtside with Shelvin Mack – Goodman talks to the Butler star, who many expect to help fill the void created by Gordon Hayward‘s early departure to the NBA, about his development and goals for the coming season.
- Pastner Ready For Second Season – Andy Katz catches up with Memphis coach Josh Pastner to discuss the upcoming season.
- Five Questions: Chicago State‘s Tracy Dildy – A quick look at the new head coach and his plans for the program.
- Q & A with 2011 VCU Commit Pierria’ Henry – A look at the recruit out of West Virginia and why he ended up committing to the Rams.
- My Interview with Jim Larranaga from CAA Media Day – A George Mason blog landed an audio interview with the Patriots head coach and got him to talk about the upcoming season.