Morning Five: 07.06.10 Edition
Posted by jstevrtc on July 6th, 2010
- Let’s just get this out of the way early: Damon Evans has officially resigned as Georgia’s AD. He’s got enough on his mind, so we see no need to pile on any further.
- Stan Heath guided South Florida to a tidy 20-13 record last year and 9-9 in the Big East, a 125% improvement in the Bulls’ best-ever Big East tally. He was rewarded with a four year extension to his current contract, so he’s locked down until 2015.
- Ouch. Former Kentucky big fella Daniel Orton’s line in his first summer league game for the Magic: three points (on 1-8 shooting), five fouls, four turnovers, and an ejection. But that’s one of the purposes of the summer league, right? We’re sure Orton will get the kinks worked out, and kudos to him for staying positive. But some of the takes on his rocky debut have been pretty funny.
- Rivals.com lists ten hot-seat coaches for next season. We don’t know about Bruce Weber, but it’s hard to argue with the other nine.
- The gentlemen at Scout.com have released their spankin’ new top 100 list of high school recruits for the class of 2011. It’s always fun to look at the “Schools of Interest” column on these lists; of the top six, John Calipari’s already nabbed two of them and is in the running for three others, but, examining the whole list, one can tell that the boys at Ohio State and North Carolina aren’t exactly sleeping on the job.
Leave a Reply