Checking in on… the SoConPosted by rtmsf on February 12th, 2010
Justin Glover is the RTC correspondent for the Southern Conference.
|College of Charleston||12-3||17-9|
- Appalachian State has won two-straight conference games to take over first place in the North Division. Western Carolina has been reeling of late after losing on the road against Elon. WCU with the loss is now second in the division.
- Georgia Southern is the most disappointing team to date with a dismal 3-9 conference record and 6-19 overall record. The Eagles have struggled on the road this season.
Sizzling Players. These top seven guys continue to lead the conference with their stellar play for their teams.
|Sat, Feb 13||Appalachian St.||Georgia Southern||Boone, N.C.||3:00 p.m.|
|* Sat, Feb 13||Samford||Wofford||Birmingham, Ala.||3:00 p.m.|
|* Sat, Feb 13||Elon||Citadel||Elon, N.C.||6:00 p.m.|
|* Sat, Feb 13||Chattanooga||Furman||Chattanooga, Tenn.||7:30 p.m.|
|* Sat, Feb 13||Western Carolina||Davidson||Cullowhee, N.C.||7:00 p.m.|
|* Mon, Feb 15||UNC Greensboro||Western Carolina||Greensboro, N.C.||7:00 p.m.|
|* Wed, Feb 17||College of Charleston||Appalachian St.||Charleston, S.C.||7:00 p.m.|
|* Wed, Feb 17||Davidson||Wofford||Davidson, N.C.||7:00 p.m.|
|* Wed, Feb 17||Elon||UNC Greensboro||Elon, N.C.||7:00 p.m.|
Key Results from last two weeks.
- On Saturday Feb. 6th, Appalachian State went on the road and defeated Western Carolina, 89-77, to sweep the season series from the Catamounts. That win for the Mountaineers completely changes the Southern Conference and puts App. State in the drivers seat for the division title.
- On Monday Feb. 8th, The Citadel went on the road and beat the College of Charleston, 72-65, which proved to be a nice win for the Bulldogs. The Cougars are trying to hold off a late rally by Wofford to claim the South Division title.
- Also on Monday Feb. 8th, Western Carolina continued its poor showing on the road in 2010 by losing to Elon, 81-76. WCU with the loss now sits a full game behind the Mountaineers in the North Division title race.
- Monday Feb. 8th continued to be a busy day for the Southern Conference as Wofford went on the road to defeat Furman, 76-65. Wofford improved to 10-3 in conference and continues to show that the Terriers could be a contender for the league title in the next couple of weeks.
- On Feb. 11, the College of Charleston beat Elon, 80-77, after Donvan Monroe scored a career high 29 points to lead the Cougars to victory over the pesky Phoenix.
- On the same night Appalachian State beat Davidson, 66-56 to sweep the season series from the Wildcats. The Mountaineers now control their own destiny in the North Division with the victory.