Morning Five: 01.08.10 Edition
Posted by rtmsf on January 8th, 2010
- Chairgate 2010. Did Karl Malone or did he not throw Nevada’s folding chairs into the dumpster after a recent game between Louisiana Tech and the Wolfpack (on ‘his’ court)? We have no idea but the mere thought of it is awesome on about twenty-four different levels. Please, please let The Mailman do an interview with someone over this soon.
- Jim Calhoun is becoming a specific target after last year’s presser incident about his salary, as this exchange with a crank caller documented by Adam Zagoria on today’s Big East coaches conference call attests.
- OJ Mayo’s agent wants everyone to know that he took no inducements to come to USC nor during his one year in Los Angeles and, um, it was all Rodney Guillory’s fault and it was OJ’s love of California that drew him to a football school with virtually no basketball history. And please, no more questions.
- One of our favorite ACC bloggers broke down the twelve teams of the ACC using “NBA Jam” and concluded that Georgia Tech’s trio of Gani Lawal, Derrick Favors and Mfon Udofia would be sicknasty. He’s probably right because Paul Hewitt wouldn’t be around to coach them.
- Luke Winn’s Power Rankings don’t see much movement, but is there a more interesting read on in the entire canon of college basketball coverage on a weekly basis than this feature? Not for our money.
Leave a Reply