Morning Five: 12.18.09 Edition
Posted by rtmsf on December 18th, 2009
- More bad news for UCLA as James Keefe will miss three more weeks with a shoulder injury suffered on Tuesday night versus New Mexico State. He’s not a huge loss in terms of offensive production (only 21 points all season), but he definitely impacts Ben Howland’s depth chart (17 MPG)
- Derrick Caracter is back at UTEP and Gary Parrish for one believes he could be the difference-maker that the Miners need to make a run at the CUSA conference title.
- Renardo Sidney’s eligibility is still way up in the air, and it’s becoming apparent that the NCAA just might be dragging its feet long enough to ensure that they don’t actually have to rule on this situation. It’s an interesting strategy, but if we were in their shoes, it might be one that makes sense to avoid litigation.
- Gregg Doyel is a strange character, but always a good read, and in this article he states that he wants Kentucky to run the table (i.e., go undefeated) so that it’ll piss off the mainstream media (of which he is a member). Like we said, strange character, indeed.
- Maybe our boy and new Terp fan Dave Zeitlin should reconsider, given just how poorly the Maryland assistant coaches are being treated by the university. Granted, 60-90k isn’t chump change to most people, but it’s hard to believe that a program the quality of Maryland isn’t coming up a little bigger than that.
Leave a Reply