Morning Five: 12.15.09 EditionPosted by rtmsf on December 15th, 2009
- Marquette lost freshman forward Jeronne Maymon today when coach Buzz Williams announced that he was transferring from the school after just nine games, leaving the Golden Eagles with a mere nine scholarship players. Or are they? According to Maymon’s father, it was news to him and his son is “loving every minute of being” at Marquette. Stay tuned on this one.
- South Carolina head coach Darrin Horn received a two-year extension and a hefty raise of $300k yesterday in a showing by the school that they’re serious in trying to keep the talented young coach around for a while.
- Food for thought: Seth Davis reminds us that Kansas guard Xavier Henry is pretty solid in his own right, while the rest of us have become a sticky hot wet mess over Kentucky’s John Wall.
- If you didn’t read John Stevens’ report from the Crosstown Shootout on Sunday night, grab yourself a cup of joe, relax, and let yourself be taken away to a college basketball nirvana.
- Roy’s ejectee Brian King was interviewed by Dane Huffman at WRAL Sports yesterday, and he unequivocally states that he was not intoxicated and that he did nothing to warrant the ire that the UNC coach projected at him after he heckled Deon Thompson. We gave our opinion on this yesterday, and yeah, this pretty much confirms what we thought. Roy’s knowing smirk at the end of his press conference interview is telling — he’s the teflon don and he knows it.