Morning Five: 12.09.09 Edition
Posted by rtmsf on December 9th, 2009
- A little fun or a some serious jabs between UConn’s Stanley Robinson and Kentucky’s DeMarcus Cousins prior to tonight’s game in the SEC/Big East Invitational at MSG? You be the judge. Was Robinson joking when he called Cousins an “arrogant player?” Separate. Sources.
- Has Butler painted itself into a corner by losing nearly every one of its marquee games thus far this season? Gary Parrish, Jeff Goodman and Luke Winn believe so, and we’re inclined to agree with them. Horizon League POY Matt Howard has ok numbers, but he’s averaging a ridiculous FOUR fouls per game, including five DQs so far this season, which is 25% more than his career average of 3.2 FPG, so he really needs to get that under control.
- Remember former Louisville enigmatic big man Derrick Caracter? In case you missed it, he’s currently at UTEP and the school is awaiting his grades to see if he will qualify to play this season. UTEP is sitting at 8-0, so Caracter could help shore up a frontline that is already getting the job done.
- Here’s a whole laundry list of additional reasons why Expansion 96 is a terrible idea, building upon our argument from yesterday that there simply aren’t enough deserving teams. Seriously, who do we need to bribe to ensure that this NEVER happens???
- Occasionally, we’ll come across a tweet that gives us a chuckle, and we’ll share it with you guys as part of this feature. Today’s comes from the rather hirsute northwesterner, Matt Bouldin from Gonzaga, who succinctly puts his thoughts on head-shearing into tweet form. We’ll be interested to see how it came out, Matt.
Leave a Reply