ESPN’s Huge Monday Schedule ReleasedPosted by rtmsf on September 10th, 2009
This really is an exciting time of year, as the incomprehensible puzzle that becomes the broadcast schedule for the 09-10 season comes together. The Big East announced its half of the Big Monday slate for the upcoming season today to go along with the previously released Big 12 schedule. Let’s take a look:
- Jan. 11: Villanova @ Louisville; Oklahoma St. @ Oklahoma
- Jan. 18: Syracuse @ Notre Dame; Texas @ Kansas St.
- Jan. 25: Georgetown @ Syracuse; Missouri @ Kansas
- Feb. 1: Connecticut @ Louisville; Texas @ Oklahoma St.
- Feb. 8: Villanova @ West Virginia; Kansas @ Texas
- Feb. 15: Connecticut @ Villanova; Kansas @ Texas A&M
- Feb. 22: West Virginia @ Connecticut; Oklahoma @ Kansas
- March 1: Georgetown @ West Virginia; Oklahoma @ Texas
Just looking at it briefly, there’s no question that the best night BY FAR is on Feb. 8 when the top two teams in the Big East meet up in Morgantown, followed next by two top five squads clashing in Austin. Must-see tv that night. Our second favorite night includes the rivalry games on Jan. 25, even though Syracuse and Missouri are facing a bit of a dropoff this year. The only dog of the schedule could be Jan. 18, where Syracuse visits Notre Dame and Texas goes to Kansas St. Nothing there really excites us.
What do you guys see with this schedule?