04.28.09 Fast BreaksPosted by nvr1983 on April 28th, 2009
It’s been a light few days, but we’re here to get you caught up on the few things surfacing…
- Florida’s Alex Tyus was transferring, now he’s not. This confused us until we remembered that he learned from Donovan two-step from the master himself.
- Bruce Pearl’s romantic overtures know no bounds… not even the head football coach’s wife (not that we blame him).
- Oddly, USC is no longer recruiting big man Renardo Sidney (who moved to LA three yrs ago for marketing purposes). Now he may be heading back home to Mississippi St? Stay tuned on this one.
- Will Syracuse be the one-year football destination for Greg Paulus?
- The NBA’s early entry deadline was Sunday – here are a few of the last-minute entries: Mississippi St.’s Jarvis Varnado (no agent), UConn’s Ater Majok (no agent), Tennessee’s Tyler Smith (no agent), USC’s Taj Gibson (no agent) and BYU’s Jonathan Tavernari (no agent).
- Returning: Iowa St.’s Craig Brackins (a major coup), Michigan’s Manny Harris and DeShawn Sims.
- Gary Parrish doesn’t believe that Davidson will recapture the Curry magic for quite some time.
- It’s hard to believe this didn’t happen now that the FBI has brought charges against Karen Sypher for attempting to extort Rick Pitino for $10M, two cars, a paid-off house and college tuition. Wow. Regardless, we have to agree with Goodman when he says nothing good is ultimately coming from all of this.
- He was only “holding it” for someone named “Luck.” Welcome to Nevada basketball in the post-Mark Fox era.
- Wichita St.’s Gregg Marshall got a one-year contract extension (to 2015) after an improved second year at the school.
- Good to see the NCAA gumshoes going after the big boys like Northeastern, who received two years probation on Friday.