04.21.09 Fast BreaksPosted by rtmsf on April 21st, 2009
There are only FIVE DAYS left to declare, kiddies! Get your early entry paperwork in NOW!!!
- At least one report states that Duke’s Gerald Henderson will enter the draft. And we thought we already knew this (about Tyreke Evans).
- Xavier’s Derrick Brown, Georgia Tech’s Gani Lawal and Mr. Game Winner, Scottie Reynolds, will all test the waters. All three should be back in college next season.
- Steph Curry – still thinking.
- One dude who will not go pro this year is John Wall. Luke Winn dissects his recruitment, while Gary Parrish all but pushes him down the aisle to explore the opportunity for him to go pro. In a separate article, Winn discusses how John Calipari’s move to Kentucky impacted numerous top players in this year’s top 50. Speaking of which, the final Scout top 100 list is out.
- Ole Miss coach Andy Kennedy pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of disorderly conduct for his now-admitted verbal and physical abuse against a Cincinnati cabbie in late December. What did it cost him? 40 hours of community service and no further “enrichment” of his current contract with Ole Miss. Interesting. The civil cases should be phenomenal theater.
- What’s going on in Gator-Land? Alex Tyus‘ departure (transfer, not NBA) is the seventh player Billy D. has lost in the past calendar year.
- Purdue’s starting PG Lewis Jackson got community service and will await his punishment from Matt Painter for his recent DWI arrest on April 12.
- Jason Whitlock nails at least one part of this Isiah to FIU piece – the part about the strip clubs.
- Andy Staples takes a look at the boxed-in problem that side deals to the NCAA’s National Letter of Intent are causing. Paging DeMarcus Cousins…
- Gary Parrish believes that the 09-10 season will be much stronger across the board thanks to the return of numerous lottery picks as well as an influx of prep talent who will have instant impacts (unlike this year, for the most part).