03.09.09 Fast BreaksPosted by rtmsf on March 9th, 2009
There were no Fast Breaks this weekend as I was in Atlanta all weekend and returned only to find a ridiculous amount of work still left to do in the real world. But all that means is that the limits of the phrase “link dump” will be put to the test today. I am even skipping out on last minute studying for a history midterm to bring you more links…because that is just the kind of guy I am.
- More great work from Vegas Watch as they used Pomeroy ranking to try and graph the opinions of oddsmakers for each team.
- O.J. Mayo is still influencing the guys at USC, but will he have enough juice to make Taj Gibson stay around another year?
- The close relationship between Oklahoma’s Jeff Capel and Blake Griffin helped them both stay at school this year, and brought untold joy to Sooner fans.
- Tennessee’s Bruce Pearl just refuses to wear more clothes than he has to.
- CBS got a little too up close and personal with Purdue coach Matt Painter during the Boilermakers loss to the Spartans yesterday, and TV viewers paid the price.
- While it was Tyler Hansborough’s day yesterday, the folks at Fanhouse don’t even think he is the best player on his own team.
- One ambitious writer decided to take on the task of picking an All-Big East team.
- Umm…word of advice for Kentucky AD Mitch Barnhart. It is important to put on a confident front when your team is on the brink of the tournament…yes that includes not prematurely saying you would accept an NIT bid.
- A great look by BP’s John Perrotto at the Memphis Tigers staunch defense.
- Jameson Fleming laments the fact that we probably won’t get to see some of the mid-majors brightest stars on the sports biggest stage.
- Bizzaro Joe Lunardi is gearing up for Selection Sunday by breaking down each conference.
- Andy Katz looks at possibly this year’s best story…the good basketball that is being played in Fargo, North Dakota.
- Jeff Goodman takes one last chance to sing Tyler Hansborough’s praises.
- What makes college basketball great? Stories about the day Anthony Brock was having when he woke up, and the day he was having by the end of the night.
- If Ohio State is going to make the NCAA Tournament and make noise once they get there, they may have to do it without big man Dallas Lauderdale.