10.16.08 Fast BreaksPosted by rtmsf on October 16th, 2008
We’re only a day from the real start of practice… let’s lace em up!
- Something’s going around. SDSU’s all-MWC forward Lorenzzo Wade was indefinitely suspended today by the university for an incident where he was accused of first-degree burglary of an inhabited dwelling. We’re quite certain that Gabby (and resident Aztec fan) over at M2M is drowning himself in some tasty spirits right about now.
- Meanwhile, over in Australia, BYU player Chris Collinsworth (no, not the annoying Bob Costas lackey) was stabbed by three attackers while on his mission in that country. He is expected to fully recover.
- Parrish gives us four reasons why UNC might not win it all this year.
- Katz writes a long piece on UConn – the Huskies are getting an awful lot of hype this year, but we dunno, they just don’t feel like a vintage Jim Calhoun team to us.
- Here are 10 sleeper players to keep an eye on this season, and 10 sensational sophomores.
- Do NC State fans care about this at all? Not even a little?
- Next stop for Patrick Beverley: Ukraine. Get your grades, kids.
- Jerry Jones is trying to get some college hoops going up in his new joint – Texas-UNC starting in 2009-10 as well as the Red River Rivalry hoops-style.
- Wow, if Jerry Tarkanian is blogging, what does that say about the rest of us? To be fair, his yarns are entertaining.
- The crotchety old St. Joe’s Hawk himself, Phil Martelli, received an extension today through 2016.
- It’s good to see that Miami (OH)’s longtime coach Charlie Coles is back to good health again. Let’s hope it stays that way.