10.12.08 Fast BreaksPosted by rtmsf on October 12th, 2008
Have a Happy Rape & Pillage Day, everyone!
- If Rick Barnes and his one career F4 appearance merits a Legends in Coaching award, we’re wondering just how legendary this award must be. Well, Gene Keady and his zero F4s won the award in 2007, so whatever. Katz, for one, believes that Barnes deserves this award.
- SEMO fired its AD and put their head coach Scott Edgar on administrative leave this week immediately following the NCAA imposing probation on the men’s and women’s basketball programs. Good to see the NCAA’s investigative arm is going after the big boys here. In the last seven years, the SEMO Bears have won 12, 11, 7, 15, 11, 11, and 6 games, respectively. Awesome.
- Here’s a quick-and-dirty recap of the ten Cinderellas to keep an eye on this season.
- This is a good idea – if you’re interested in knowing what recruits are going to which Midnight Madness – Making the Dance has the list.
- Looks like former Hawg Patrick Beverley will not be returning to Fayetteville next season.
- The Darrell Arthur grade-changing thing just won’t die.
- Monty seems to be settling into his new digs across the Bay.
- USC’s Daniel Hackett: UCLA does “anything to win” and OJ Mayo breaking his jaw last year was a “bad episode.”
- What else can you say about this title of an article dealing with a Minnesota assistant coach being voted most eligible bachelor in Minnesota? – dude doesn’t mince words, that’s for sure.
- We’re really not sure what to make of this article about Cal St.-Northridge’s Matadome and other things, but we like it.
- Finally, a trip down memory lane with the 1996-97 Providence Friars.