09.18.08 Fast BreaksPosted by rtmsf on September 18th, 2008
Wouldn’t it be nice if this were Oct. 19 instead of Sept. 19?
- Which Great White Hope is actually a better player? – maybe we’ll delve into that sometime soon. Gary Parrish takes a look now.
- The seemingly snakebitten AJ Price from UConn is supposedly all the way back from offseason ACL surgery. In completely unrelated news, UConn has added Lojack to all of its campus laptops.
- In a somewhat odd twist, the NCAA directed Indiana to delay its response to the latest allegations from the Kelvin Sanctions scandal last spring. The university now has until Sept. 26 to craft its response. Someone go on vacation?
- Seth Davis writes a pretty good recount of what five teams – Kansas, Missouri, Purdue, S. Illinois and Notre Dame – did on their Labor Day weekend trips.
- Remember Illinois guard Jamar Smith? – he received 18 months probation for his alcohol violation stemming from his DUI arrest last spring. He plans to play for S. Indiana next season (yeah, that’s what we said too).