06.27.08 Fast BreaksPosted by rtmsf on June 27th, 2008
For your consideration while we put our Draft afterthoughts together…
- Duquesne’s Ron Everhart received a three-year extension after leading the Dukes to their first winning season (17-13) in nearly fifteen years, including a 3-24 abomination two years ago.
- Oklahoma’s Jeff Capel also received a two-year contract extension (through 2014) and pay raise that puts his annual compensation at $1.05M. Did anyone see Capel making a million dollars a year at anything ten years ago?
- Ohio St. assistant coach John Groce will take over the top position at Ohio University, the lone remaining open head coaching position this summer.
- Iowa St.’s top player, Wesley Johnson (12/8 ) is transferring to Syracuse. This is a good pickup for the Orange, as Johnson was the second-best freshman in the B12 two years ago (behind a guy named Durant).
- Indiana AD Rick Greenspan fails to avoid the axe in the wake of the Kelvin Sampson scandal, as the obliteration of Indiana basketball continues…
- The always excellent Vegas Watch gives us a bettor’s look at the best and worst values in the Top 10 for next season.