03.30.08 Fast BreaksPosted by nvr1983 on March 29th, 2008
- Stewart Mandel on Bill Self trying to get the Final 4: We’re really hoping Self gets to the Final 4 if only for the awkward Roy Williams press conferences and the look on his face when he sees Kansas on the other side of his court. If this ends up happening, the Jayhawks in attendance have to do some form of “Rock Chalk, Jayhawk” when Roy gets to the court. I’m not sure if this would be blashempous, but it sure would be funny to see the look on his face.
- Can Self lead KU to the promised land against America’s darlings?: Pat Forde basically goes over the same thing that Mandel did, but if you want to read both go ahead.
- Curry shrugs off the glory in Davidson’s Elite run: We’d just like to point out that RTC had a column calling Curry a growing March legend
- Indiana intends to name a new coach before the Final 4: We’re not sure why any coach at a good program would leave his school for Indiana with the spectre of potential NCAA sanctions for the Kelvin Sampson fiasco.
- Dana O’Neill on Kevin Love: We think that Love may lead UCLA to a title, but we know Bruins fans are sleeping easier know they won’t have to fact this again (see 2006 and 2007 Final 4).
- Bruins have their share of flaws entering brutally tough Final Four: Don’t count Gene Wojciechowski among those falling over themselves trying to give the Bruins another title.
- within a few minutes of his first tournament win ever.
- Rose, Augustin battle for spot in Final Four: Like every NBA scout, we’re really looking forward to this match-up. We think that Rose (and Memphis) will get the better of Augustin this time.