ATB: Wazzup Baylor?Posted by rtmsf on December 1st, 2007
Big 12/Pac-10 Hardwood Series. Two games tonight, and the Big 12 finally got one. #7 Washington St. 67, Baylor 64. We had a sneaky feeling that this would end up being a tremendous game, and we were spot on with that call. Baylor’s home crowd inspired the Bears to a 12-pt halftime lead, but Wazzu hung in there and used Derrick Low’s heroics to finally catch up and take the lead for good in the last three minutes. Despite an overall rough game for him, Low (9/3) hit two threes in a row late in the second half to give WSU the lead for good. Robbie Cowgill picked it up for him with 18/5. Scott Drew’s Baylor squad is definitely a team to watch out for in the Big 12 this year. Iowa St. 71, Oregon St. 64. Explain to us how this game was chosen for ESPN FC, while the game involving a top ten team was relegated to ESPNU. Right. Anyway, these two teams pretty much suck, and the only reason we tuned it in the first place was to catch a glimpse of OSU’s CJ Giles before we remembered that he’s not eligible yet.
Other Ranked Teams.
- #12 Tennessee 98, UL-Lafayette 70. Tyler Smith with 22/7/8 assts. Lofton only 7 pts tonight.
- #14 Marquette 100, Wisconsin-Milwaukee 65. Jerel McNeal had 16/10 assts and Lazar Hayward had 19/11 in the blowout win.
Other Scores of Note.
- Florida 86, Vermont 61. Gator freshmen had 55 of their 86 pts tonight.
On Tap Saturday (all times EST). Huge day of hoops as December arrives right on time.
- Duke (-8) v. Davidson (ESPNU) 12pm – Davidson gets its second shot in Charlotte at pulling the big upset.
- Vanderbilt (-6) v. Georgia Tech (ESPN FC) 1pm. great SEC-ACC matchup – will Vandy be tired from its 2OT game on Thurs?
- West Virginia (NL) v. Winthrop 1pm - another winnable road game for Winthrop.
- North Carolina (-6.5) v. Kentucky (ESPN2) 2pm – UK’s first real opponent of the year.
- Louisville (-12) v. Miami (OH) (ESPN FC) 2pm – Charlie Coles’ Redhawks with yet another FC game.
- Arkansas (NL) v. Oral Roberts 3pm – tough home game for the Hawgs.
- Connecticut (-4.5) v. Gonzaga (ESPN) 3:30pm – Zags coming off tough game in Philly two nights ago.
- Clemson (-7.5) v. South Carolina (FSNS)4pm - is there an ACC/SEC Challenge today?
- Michigan (-9) v. Harvard (ESPNU) 5:30pm - how rich is this one now that Amaker is coaching at Harvard?
- Oklahoma St. (-3) v. Washington (ESPN) 5:30pm - UW needs to win this game to get a look as an at-large in March.
- Boston College (-1.5) v. Providence (ESPN Classic) 6pm – BC could be better than everyone expected this year.
- St. Mary’s (-9) v. Seton Hall 7pm- interesting matchup of unbeatens.
- Xavier (NL) v. Belmont (FSNC) 7pm - BU tries to get the sweep of Cincy schools.
- Butler (-6) v. Ohio St. (ESPNU) 7:30pm – a rare home game for Butler versus a B10 team.
- S. Illinois (-2.5) v. Indiana (ESPNU) 9:30pm – see above – hopefully SIU will play better in this one than they did vs. USC last week.
- California (-2) v. Missouri (FSN) 11pm - worth staying up late to see this Big 12/Pac-10 matchup.