09.17.07 Fast BreaksPosted by rtmsf on September 17th, 2007
Can’t quite get that image below out of our head… but we’ll try.
- Pitt incumbent PG Levance Fields decided no he will not go quietly and in fact, he would rather be tasered, when asked to do so by the Pittsburgh PD last weekend.
- Ball St. found no evidence that Ronny Thompson put racially inflammatory notes under Ronny Thompson’s office door while he was still coaching there.
- The guy who will be responsible for throwing the ball to OJ Mayo and getting the hell outta the way is now eligible (Angelo Johnson).
- Coaching news. GW’s Karl Hobbs was given an extension to 2012, and FAMU tabbed Eugene Harris (asst. at Georgia St.) to take over for Mike Gillespie.
- Haven’t we heard this before? John Beilein and Bruce Weber (particularly Bruce Weber) can’t recruit.
- Digger for Prez. Haven’t we had enough bumbling around/making no sense/talking in circles for one generation?
- UCLA fans are already talking basketball season. Come on home, friends. Others (ahem, Louisville, Notre Dame, Michigan, UNC, etc.) are already here. More to come.
- SEC Hoops: Good, Bad & Dirty breaks down and gives predictions for the 12 SEC basketball schedules. We’ll give odds on Mississippi St. not going 27-3!
- Frank Burlison at foxsports.com gives us a viewer’s guide to the best early-season tournaments to watch.
- MMAS gives us a list of key transfers to watch out for and teams looking to make the jump in 07-08.
- Finally, today Hoopwise has a Q&A with arguably the best college hoops analyst out there – Fran Fraschilla (apologies to Raff, Bilas, Tirico and others).