08.20.07 Fast BreaksPosted by rtmsf on August 20th, 2007
Some random morsels on Michael Vick Day in America:
- And now on to the next great great political debate, Swift Boat style. Did Obama play ball at Occidental or not? There appears to be some dispute on this story, with a blogger at the Fanhouse refuting the original story we linked to from last week, while someone else dug up an old Washington Post quote from his coach talking about his game. This is so much more interesting than whether W showed up for air guard duty!
- Aggiesports.com reports with an in-depth article on Billy G‘s first 100 days in Lexington.
- Quick, what Big East team has the most wins in the Big East Tournament during the 2000s? If you said Pittsburgh (15 wins, largely due to five runner-up finishes) give yourself a Dave Gavitt doll.
- Andy Katz exonerated Roy Williams from the accusation that he was still recruiting Wake Forest commit 6’11 PF Ty Walker after the death of Skip Prosser several weeks ago. There was apparently some misunderstanding over a letter of condolences sent by Williams to Walker regarding the incident (from Katz’s blog – subscriber only).
- A small newspaper article in Missouri confirms what we’ve always known as true about the upcoming college football season (which, admittedly, we enjoy very much despite its fundamental flaws):
- But that’s what we’re asked to do year after year during college football season, as the “best regular season” leads way to the “worst postseason” of any sport. Sure, the bowl games are great for TV viewing on New Year’s Day, but most of them are meaningless and the game we’re supposed to care the most about happened during the second week of January last season.